Psychotherapy/counselling offers an opportunity to explore your experience of life with somebody trained and experienced in facilitating people in their search for more satisfying ways of living.
The reasons people come to counselling or psychotherapy are as varied as people themselves. Some people seek counselling to help them explore a general feeling that their lives are not quite right, or to deal with feelings of depression or anxiety, or a lack of meaning in their lives. Others may have experienced distressing or stressful experiences or situations such as bereavement, separation, other major life transitions or confusing or painful childhood experiences, which they would like to talk about in a safe setting.
Counselling can provide the support needed to find ways of making meaningful and positive changes in ones life.
I offer relationship counselling to opposite and same sex people in relationships who want to resolve difficulties and move forward constructively. I am familiar, comfortable and experienced working with people in kink and/or poly relationships who are wanting to have a space to discuss and resolve difficulties.
Find out more about my work with relationships HERE.
You can also read my recent interview on Queer Counselling for DIVA magazine HERE.
- Accredited and registered member of the regulating body, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Fully insured and supervised in accordance with their guidelines,adhering to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy and to their complaints procedure.
- Pink Therapy Advanced Accredited Sexual Minority Therapist.
- Co-tutor on The Pink Therapy Post Graduate Diploma in Gender and Sexual Diversity Therapy.
- Developed and co-tutored on the Pink Therapy Post Graduate Diploma in Relationship Therapy with Gender and Sexual Diversities.
I have extensive experience working with a range of issues which include:
Anger and rage
Abuse and traumatic experiences
Domestic and sexual violence
Life transition such as redundancy/career crisis, relationship break up/divorce
Bereavement and loss
Questioning/exploring gender identity, sex and sexuality